Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Town of Rosetown
Bylaw No. 846-20
A Bylaw to Establish Property Tax Incentives and Penalties
The Council of the Town of Rosetown, in the Province of Saskatchewan enacts as follows:
1. Property and other taxes imposed by the Town of Rosetown are deemed to be imposed on the 1st day of January in each year and shall be due on December 31st of each year.
Penalty on Arrears of Taxes
2. a) Taxes which remain unpaid after the 31st day of December of the year in which they are levied shall
be subject to a penalty.
i) The method of calculating the penalty shall be a compound rate of 1% per month, added on the first day of each month applied to the total taxes and penalties that remain unpaid at the end of the month preceding the month in which the penalty is being applied.
ii) The penalty charges are to be added to and shall form part of the tax roll.
Penalty on Current Taxes
3. a) Where current taxes remain unpaid after the due date noted in section 1 of this bylaw, there shall
be added thereto a penalty, calculated at the rate of 0% of the unpaid tax as at the first day of each
month in which the penalty is being applied.
b) The penalty charges are to be added on the first day of each month in which there are unpaid taxes.
c) The penalty charges are to be added to and form part of the tax roll.
Incentive Program – Prepayments
5. a) From January 1st until June 30th, discounts shall be allowed with respect to the prepayment of the
current year’s taxes on property.
b) The rate of discount relative to prepayment of taxes shall be 3.0%.
Education Property Taxes
6. Section 5 does not apply to property taxes levied on behalf of a school division.
Coming Into Force
7. This bylaw shall come into force on January 1, 2021.
8. That Bylaw No. 833-20 is hereby repealed on December 31, 2020.
Trevor Hay, Mayor
Michele A. Schmidt, CAO
Read and third time and hereby adopted this 21st day of December, 2020.