Sun West School Division
Our vision is “Success for all” while we take on a mission of “learning together.”
About the School
Sun West School Division is governed by a Board of Education consisting of 9 elected representatives. The Board is responsible for an overall budget of nearly 60 million dollars and they implement a policy-based governance model.
The Division is guided by five values:
- Lifelong learning
The Division develops goals and outcomes within the Provincial Education Sector Strategic Plan (ESSP) to help its 5,000 students in 41 schools continually improve their learning.
Located in West-Central Saskatchewan, the Sun West School Division covers approximately 31,252 square kilometers. To the east, the Division includes schools in Davidson and Kenaston. The Alberta border serves as the Division's limits on the west, with the South Saskatchewan River providing its most southerly border. The Division extends as far North as Biggar. View a map of the Sun West School Division (PDF).
Quick Facts About Sun West
- The School Division administers 41 schools total:
- 13 Kindergarten to Grade 12 schools
- 6 elementary schools
- 1 middle school
- 3 high schools
- 17 Hutterite Colony Schools
- The Sun West Distance Learning Centre is located in Kenaston.
- Sun West School Division employs 800 people on a permanent full- or part-time basis, with several hundred more employed occasionally as substitute teachers or spare bus drivers. Sun West employs approximately:
- 367 teachers
- 56 Principals and Vice-Principals
- 117 Educational Assistants
- 112 Bus Drivers
- 49 Caretakers
- 34 Clerical Staff
- 26 Library Staff
- A small number of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychologists and specialists such as Speech-Language Pathologists
- Less than 3% of the Division's total workforce, are employed in Division administration positions.
- Approximately half (2500 students) ride buses to and from school in the Sun West School Division, and Sun West buses log approximately 31, 000 kilometers every school day.
The school is located at: