- Doing Business
Our Business Community
Rosetown is a vibrant community with rich history and a progressive culture, located in West Central Saskatchewan on the well-trafficked Highway 7, just one hour from Saskatoon. Rosetown’s stable economy is thanks to an established farming community (with many innovative value-added processing). Rosetown and district is also home to growing manufacturing and oil and gas sectors, and a prominent retail, service and hospitality sector. As a centrally-located community, many government services (including Farm Credit Canada, Saskatchewan Health Authority, and Sun West School Division, among others) are located here.
In 2018, the following Rosetown businesses made it into the Top 100 in SaskBusiness Magazine:
- #1 Nutrien
- #3 Viterra
- #9 AGT Foods
- #48 Canpulse Foods
- #90 Central Plains Co-op
- #96 SARCAN Recycling
For Rosetown's full demographic profile, visit our Townfolio page.
Doing Business in Rosetown
Doing business in the Rosetown community? Support is available, including access to grants and incentives. Visit or call the Town Office for information and resources.
As part of your business license, new businesses are eligible to be featured on our business directory
Starting a business, or doing business, in Rosetown has many advantages:
- Our close-knit community offers a strong network of business
- 150+ businesses providing a variety of products/services
- New Business Incentives and a development-minded Town Council
- Highway 7 is key trade route
- Reasonable cost to purchase commercial and industrial land
- Minimum licensing requirements to operate a business in Rosetown
- Access to local small business loan program
- Growing population base, up 6.7% since 2011
- Access to communication systems including high speed internet
- A Rosetown and District Chamber of Commerce
- Online access to BizPaL for Municipal, Provincial, and Federal permits and licenses
Being located at the crossroads of Highway 4 and 7 offers a competitive edge:
- Two major highways bring high volume of traffic through the region - approximately 5,000 vehicles per day
- Centrally located between four major Saskatchewan communities - Saskatoon, Kindersley, Swift Current, and North Battleford
- A central location reduces the cost of transportation to the above mentioned major Saskatchewan communities.
- Both truck and rail transportation make Rosetown an ideal place for exporting businesses
- Provides a central location in West Central Saskatchewan for meetings, conferences and events