Agendas & Minutes
Access easily searchable meeting agendas and minutes for various boards, commissions, and committees.Link to page
Read a message from the Mayor of Rosetown on behalf of the Town and the Town Council.Link to page
Town of Rosetown Organizational ChartLink to page
Anyone who would like to submit an item for the agenda of any town meeting must do so in advance.Link to page
Rosetown Strategic PlanLink to page
BudgetLink to page
Council is made up of seven elected officials: the Mayor and six Councillors are elected for a four-year term to govern the Town of Rosetown.
Regular Council Meetings
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- Town Office
417 Main Street
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Meeting packages are sent out to Council members and media the Friday prior to the meeting.
Groups or items wishing to be on the agenda must be forwarded in writing by 12:00 noon on the Friday before to be in the meeting package for that meeting. In accordance with the Council Procedure Bylaw: When a person wishes to have a communication considered by council, it shall be addressed to council, and:
- Clearly set out the matter in issue and the request; and
- For written communications, must be printed, typewritten or legibly written, contain the mailing address of the writer and be signed with the name of the writer; or
- For electronic communications, must contain the name of the writer and both the mailing and electronic address of the writer.
The CAO will review the correspondence and make a decision regarding placement on the agenda for Council or Committee.
The role of Town Council is to set policy, goals and objectives for operating procedures and capital projects in Rosetown.
There are five sub-committees of Council:
Each sub-committee of Council meets on a monthly basis.
Council appoints a representative to the following:
- Wheatland Regional Library
- Health Centre Foundation
- Meridian Community Futures
Council Board appointments
- Emergency Measures Organization: Dennis Ogg
- Wheatland Regional Library/Local Library Board: Sharon Clark
- Rosetown & District Health Centre Foundation: Hugh Lees
- Recreation Foundation: Kelli Emmons
- West Central Municipal Government: Council as a whole
- Meridian Community Futures: Tracy Johnston
- Age Friendly: Hugh Lees
- Rosetown Hub & Spoke District Planning Commission: Blair Wingert & Michele Schmidt
Other Board appointments
- Zoning Appeals & Board of Revision: Sherry Keith, Gary Diemert, Gregory Piska, Ed Davis, Amanda Bors (Secretary)