Trevor HayMayorTrevor was born and raised right here in Rosetown, and was elected to Council in 2016. He works as a Journeyman Autobody Technician. In his down time, he enjoys spending time with his family and playing on a weekly eight-ball pool league.
Jadwiga began working and volunteering in Rosetown in 2008. After years of commuting from Saskatoon, she made Rosetown her home in 2013. She has a passion for promoting the voice of rural communities in all her work. She has developed partnerships that led to successful research in Rosetown that contributed to knowledge about healthy aging in place for rural residents of Saskatchewan. Professionally, Jadwiga is a Registered Dietitian (RD) with expertise in population health, public health and community development. She has a Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) and a Master of Science degree with a Community Residency program from the University of Saskatchewan. Jadwiga is an advocate for quality research data and is a published author in scientific journals.
Jadwiga has an international history and is of Polish and British heritage. She was born in England with rural Ontario being her first Canadian home. Leisure time included horses and girl guides. Jadwiga was also a competitive athlete and coach – gymnastics and bodybuilding. Now it is a slower pace of antique tractors, auctions and gardening.
I was raised in Herschel and attended school in Rosetown so I've lived in this area my whole life. I am currently the Marketing Coordinator for Western Sales and have held this position for the last three years. Prior to that I was the Communications Officer for the Sun West School Division for seven and half years and was the Morning Show Host/ Program Director for CJYM/CFYM for five and a half years.
I have sat on professional associations and completed several pertinent professional development programs throughout my working career including:
· Current Member of Provincial Agricultural Equipment Dealers Show Executive
· Director of the Saskatchewan School Business Officials
· LEAN Practitioner
· LAFOIP Training
· Educational Leadership Institute Program at the University of Regina.
I hold a Criminal Justice Diploma; a Broadcast Journalism Diploma and I am currently pursuing my Bachelor of Professional Arts Communications Degree through Athabasca University.
I have also held volunteer positions on various community groups and coached youth in sport, as follows:
· Current Board member of Organized Hamlet of Hitchcock Bay (2019 – present)
Past:· Member of the Rosetown Elks and Royal Purple #175
· Coach of Rosetown Senior Girls High School/4H Curling teams
· Team Coordinator and Emcee for Rosetown Relay for Life Committee
· Director and Secretary-Treasurer for West Central Community Justice Committee
· Director and Secretary of the Rosetown Curling Club Executive
· Coach of Rosetown Mite/Squirt Girls Softball team
· Nominee for Rosetown Citizen of the Year
· Rosetown Chamber of Commerce Committee Member
I enjoy spending time with my family and friends as much as I can in my spare time. I curl in league in Rosetown and in various bonspiels around West Central Saskatchewan. I have also started taking dressage lessons at Crystal Beach Adventures in Harris and absolutely love it. I have a love and passion for travelling the world and have been to many places so far, including summitting Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa. But there are many more places still on my bucket list.
Agendas & Minutes
Access easily searchable meeting agendas and minutes for various boards, commissions, and committees.Link to page
Read a message from the Mayor of Rosetown on behalf of the Town and the Town Council.Link to page
Town of Rosetown Organizational ChartLink to page
Anyone who would like to submit an item for the agenda of any town meeting must do so in advance.Link to page
Rosetown Strategic PlanLink to page
BudgetLink to page
Council is made up of seven elected officials: the Mayor and six Councillors are elected for a four-year term to govern the Town of Rosetown.
Regular Council Meetings
- 7 p.m.
- 3rd Monday of every month
- Town Office
417 Main Street
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Meeting packages are sent out to Council members and media the Friday prior to the meeting.
Groups or items wishing to be on the agenda must be forwarded in writing by 12:00 noon on the Friday before to be in the meeting package for that meeting. In accordance with the Council Procedure Bylaw: When a person wishes to have a communication considered by council, it shall be addressed to council, and:
- Clearly set out the matter in issue and the request; and
- For written communications, must be printed, typewritten or legibly written, contain the mailing address of the writer and be signed with the name of the writer; or
- For electronic communications, must contain the name of the writer and both the mailing and electronic address of the writer.
The CAO will review the correspondence and make a decision regarding placement on the agenda for Council or Committee.
The role of Town Council is to set policy, goals and objectives for operating procedures and capital projects in Rosetown.
There are five sub-committees of Council:
Each sub-committee of Council meets on a monthly basis.
Council appoints a representative to the following:
- Wheatland Regional Library
- Health Centre Foundation
- Meridian Community Futures
Council Board appointments
- Emergency Measures Organization: Dennis Ogg
- Wheatland Regional Library/Local Library Board: Sharon Clark
- Rosetown & District Health Centre Foundation: Hugh Lees
- Recreation Foundation: Kelli Emmons
- West Central Municipal Government: Council as a whole
- Meridian Community Futures: Tracy Johnston
- Age Friendly: Hugh Lees
- Rosetown Hub & Spoke District Planning Commission: Blair Wingert & Michele Schmidt
Other Board appointments
- Zoning Appeals & Board of Revision: Sherry Keith, Gary Diemert, Gregory Piska, Ed Davis, Amanda Bors (Secretary)